Pin It!

Classes

August 1, 2016

Washi Thanks

I love washi tape...I don't know what to do with it most of the time, but the fun patterns and versatility make me want it! It sticks to anything - I recently covered the frame of a cork board that I purchased at a yard sale that had a few blemishes in it, and it went from ewww to ahhh!!! I needed to whip up a few quick thank you cards for customer orders tonight so I pulled out my Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape and some Whisper White notecards; in no time at all I had half a dozen cards ready!


Once you open your package of washi tape it's easy to forget which rolls came together. Purchase some metal shower curtain rings from your local dollar store to keep them together! You could even attach a label or piece of paper to record the name and coordinating colours! It's so much easier than searching the catalogue and then your basket or container for the coordinating rolls!

The first "Thanks" I cut out with my regular base plate and cutting pads with the Big Shot but it had those paper "hairs" all around it (know what I mean??!), AND I ended up ripping the word when I was punching it out of the cardstock. I decided to try my Precision Plate (#139684) the next time through the Big Shot - what a HUGE difference - I was very impressed! The word separated from the cardstock super easy and no "hairs"! Just make sure you run your word thinlits through lengthwise and not "straight on" for a superior cut.

So get that washi tape out and use it - put it on everything!

Have a fabulous week!
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment